Had to ask for help tonight. I needed someone to get me started on laundry and cleaning out the refrigerator, so I texted Kathy. Of course, she was here with dinner and Tom, her very handy husband!
But the most important task was moral support. My friend Laurie plans to make a quilt out of Adam’s favorite T-shirts, and I needed someone there as I picked them out. His favorite “Nerd Shirts.” I probably picked out too many, but here they are (NERDS!) in no particular order.
- Blue Sun
- Mal and Cobb as Calvin and Hobbes (They aim to misbehave)
- Black Marc Ecko Stormtrooper motorcycle design
- Stay-Puft Marshallow Man
- Jesus as a barcode
- Starfest Star Trek shirt (from our last Starfest!)
- Mama Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Klingons
- Romulan Ale: Legalize It!
- Spanked (I honestly don’t know what this was, a band?)
- His most worn Team USA shirt (because he was so proud of his work with the USOC)
- The aberrant “ou are the result of 3.8 billion years of evolutionary success. Act like it.” He had two of these because this one, ironically, came without the opening “Y.”
- The design of the “Trojan Rabbit” from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Wocka Wocka Wookie
Oddly, these are hard to part with, even though I would never wear any due to our, um, chest size difference. Lauri is planning to get flannel backing that matches the color of his Clan Currie tartan used for the wedding kilt.
Going through his closet was difficult, and I’m glad I had a friend. Every shirt, pair of shorts, pair of pants, has a memory associated with it. Also, for fuck’s sake, Adam, you absolutely refused to throw clothes away. So many. I just had to shut the closet when I was done. I’m not ready to go through this stuff yet.